As you can probably guess from the name of this site my favorite adult beverage is the Margarita
The recipies below are for hand made margaritas. I have found a mix that I consider and excellent option for making easy, high quality margaritas - Dr. Swami & Bone Daddy's Top Shelf Margarita Mix.
We have found it readily available in grocery stores and it appears you can order online.
This mix just needs tequila and perhaps a splash of Citronage to be ready to go!
|Basic Margarita: (Makes 1 Margarita)
- 1 1/4 oz Tequila
- 3/4 oz Cointreau (Triple Sec is an option here, cheaper but not quite as good -you could also use Grand Marnier or Patron makes an orange liquer called Citronage that is good and less expensive)
- 1 1/2 oz Lime Juice (best fresh squeezed) or Margarita Mix
- small splash of Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice
- small amount of sugar
- Lime Wedge
- Kosher Salt
For a terrific Raspberry Margarita substitute Chambord for the Cointreau!
- Put a layer of Kosher salt in a flat dish.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass to wet it.
- Touch rim of glass to salt, add ice to glass.
- Put the Tequila, Cointreau, Lime Juice or Mix, Key Lime juice, and sugar into a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- Pour overice into glass.
or try the Ron Finley 3-2-1 Margarita.
Simple, easy to remember - even after a few. Perfect for mass production at parties. Just mix, salt and serve!
- 3 parts Tequila
- 2 parts Triple Sec
- 1 part Real Lime Juice
or for the ultimate try The Topolo Margarita
...from the great Chicago restaurant Frontera Grill/Topolobampo (445 N. Clark)
(Thanks to John Montgomery for this one)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (~2 limes)
- 1/4 cup water + one teaspoon sugar
- 10 tablespoons water
To this add:
|Strawberry Daiquiri (Makes 2 blenders full)
...this version has evolved over years of rigorous testing and development by myself and Craig Brinkman.
- 1 - can of frozen pink lemonade (12oz, 355ml)
- 1 - bag of frozen strawberries (16oz, 1lb, 453g)
- Pour one can of lemonade, one can of rum, one can of water into blender
- Add some sugar
- Blend mixture and pour half into a pitcher or another blender top
- To the remaining mixture in blender add half the bag of frozen strawberries and ice until blender is full
- Blend until thick, adding ice if too thin
- Repeat with other half of mixture and strawberries
Makes 1 cocktail... a favorite from Espial Restaurant in Chicago (948 W Armitage Ave .)
- Lemon Wedge
- 1 1/2 to 2 shots Absolute Citron
- 1 shot Cointreau
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Juice of 2/3 of a Fresh Lime
- Rub the lemon wedge into the sides of a Martini Glass.
- Pour Absolute Citron, Cointreau, cranberry juice and lime juice over ice in shaker and shake.
- Pour thru strainer into glass.
Makes 1 cocktail
... a favorite from Disney's Old Key West Resort at Walt Disney World
- 2 oz White Bacardi Rum
- 1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1 oz Myers Rum
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Key Lime Juice
WARNING! this is both tasty and potent! A perfect drink when you can use Disney World's transportation system to get home...
- Pour the various rums into a glass over ice
- Fill the glass to the top by simultaneously pouring the Orange Juice and Pineapple Juice until full
- Add a splash of Key Lime Juice
- Add a splash of Grenadine
- Pour into the shaker and back into the glass